Glanvilles was established in 1919 as Glanville & Sons by Mr Ernest Glanville Snr and his two sons Charles and Ernest. The premises on Polmorla Road, originally three cottages, was bought in 1938 and converted into shop premises. An extension was added in the 1950s and this resulted in the shop which is now the oldest established retail premises in Wadebridge. Still run by the same family, now including the fourth generation. The business has thrived on change and has evolved into the Cookware, Housewares and Lighting shop it is today.